I. How to get to Steklov Mathematical Institute by public transport.
- Take subway ("Metro" in Russian) to the "Leninsky Prospect" station (orange line). There are two exits on the opposite sides of the platform. If you are coming from downtown, take the one near the front car.
- Upon exiting the subway station, turn right. Walking about 1-2 minutes, you will reach a street with a tram line. This is Vavilova street ("ulitsa Vavilova").
- On the right you will a tram stop (do not cross Vavilova street!). Take any tram which stops there (14 or 39).
- Get off the tram at the 4th stop, "Ulitsa Gubkina".
- In front of you you will see the crossing of Vavilova str. and Gubkina str. Cross Gubkina str. (beware of Moscow drivers!). Turn right and walk approx. 20 meters.
- The modern looking 9-stores pink building No. 8 on the left is Steklov Mathematical Institute. There is a fence around it and there is a guard at the gates. Do not panic, this is just parking enforcement and on foot you need not any ID to enter.
- Walk along the building and enter it. There is another guard inside, and this one may ask to see your passport (incidentally, it is recommended to carry your passport with you in Moscow all the time since the police has the legal right to ask for it and theoretically can sometimes really do it). Tell him that you are coming to an international conference. After you register, your conference badge is your permit for further entries.
- There are two sets of elevators in the building: just behind the guard, and in the center of it. The conference office is located on the 5th floor, room 515, and it is accessible with any of these two sets. The conference hall is on the 9th floor, and it is accessible only by the elevators in the center of the building (!).
II. Accomodation.Below are two hotels near Steklov Institute:
III. Places to eat.On this map you could find several restaurants and cafes near Steklov Institute.
We recommend Cafe Readymade as a non-expensive version (breakfast, lunch, also takeaway, 400-600 RUB), Primavera (Italian restaurant), Taste of Lotos (asian), Cafe Yuzhnoe (Georgian) (ca 1500-2000 RUB), all located at the crossing of Vavilova and Dmitriya Ulyanova street.
A cheaper option is Steklov Istitute canteen (200-300 RUB) that is open during the lunch time (12:00-17:00).